Recipe by Lori in Brooklyn
This recipe comes from a cookbook put together as a fundraiser by the mothers in my nephews school. I like this recipe because after the first time you make this it goes very quickly & looks like more work than it actually is.
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, quartered
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 slices day old bread
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey (I sometimes just use my favorite spices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken, remove fat& pat dry.
- Shred zucchini (unpeeled) in food processor.
- In a saucepan melt margerine& add zucchini, cook stirring about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, shred bread into crumbs& add to zucchini, stir in egg& seasoning, mixing well.
- Carefully loosen skin on each chicken quarter to form a pocket& spoon 1/4 of the stuffing into each.
- Brush with honey& bake 50 minutes until tender.