Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a neighbor a few weeks back and brought it to a 4th of July picnic. Everybody loved it! So easy and quite delicious! Makes a super side. This is originally a Paula Deen recipe.
- 6 cups large diced yellow squash or 6 cups zucchini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (recommend Ritz)
House Seasoning ingredients( use 1 tsp)
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄8 cup black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute the squash in a little vegetable oil over medium-low heat until it has completely broken down, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Line a colander with a clean tea towel. Place the cooked squash in the lined colander. Squeeze excess moisture from the squash and set aside.
- In a medium size skillet, saute the onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and mix all ingredients together except cracker crumbs.
- Pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish and top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.