Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very quick and easy slice to make. Great way to use up zucchini and these are fantastic for parties or gatherings. Very light and tasty they went down a treat at a party I had. Even the none zucchini eaters liked them.
- 2 large zucchini, grated (about 400g)
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 100 g cream cheese spread
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 250 g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 2 lemons, zest of (finely grated rind of 2 lemons)
- 100 g smoked salmon
- dill sprigs
- Squeeze and drain the excess moisture from the zucchini and when drained well combine with grated onion, and 100g of the cream cheese, flour, cheese, garlic, oil, eggs and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined 22x30cm tin and smooth surface.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or until firm to touch. Allow to cool, then cut into 24 squares.
- Combine the remaining cream cheese, chopped dill and rind.
- To serve, top each square with a spoonful of cheese mixture, some folded smoked salmon and a sprig of dill.