1/1 Photo of Zucchini Squares
1 hr 30 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
I made these for a potluck once...just found the recipe (again) They were actually pretty good!! lol These would be perfect for Saint Patrick's day Potluck this week!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded (I used the food processor)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (I did several dashes...)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (I skipped the oregano...I don't know why)
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (also works well with Swiss cheese)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- 2Place shredded zucchni in a large colander and sprinkle with 1 tbls salt. Let drain for 30 minutes. Remove zucchini from colander and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3In a skillet over medium heat, saute in olive oil onion, zucchini and garlic until onion is clear. Turn off heat, then stir in vinegar and sugar. Let cool.
- 4In a bowl, whip eggs. Add the remainder of ingredients and mix well.
- 5Pour mixture in 9x11 greased pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is set. Allow to cool in the pan, then cut into 2 inch squares. Serve cold or warm.
- 6**I don't know, if it was my oven -- but it took closer to 45 minutes for it too set.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Squares
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 143.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g