Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made these for a potluck once...just found the recipe (again) They were actually pretty good!! lol These would be perfect for Saint Patrick's day Potluck this week!!
- 3 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded (I used the food processor)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (I did several dashes...)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (I skipped the oregano...I don't know why)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (also works well with Swiss cheese)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- Place shredded zucchni in a large colander and sprinkle with 1 tbls salt. Let drain for 30 minutes. Remove zucchini from colander and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute in olive oil onion, zucchini and garlic until onion is clear. Turn off heat, then stir in vinegar and sugar. Let cool.
- In a bowl, whip eggs. Add the remainder of ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture in 9x11 greased pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is set. Allow to cool in the pan, then cut into 2 inch squares. Serve cold or warm.
- **I don't know, if it was my oven -- but it took closer to 45 minutes for it too set.
5 stars from this camp! I served this at a dinner party for eight and there was only 1 piece left for the picture! Requests for this recipe from all. It was great because I could make it early in the day, if I had time to warm it up, great, if not great. It truly was good warm or cold, because you see, I served it warmed up, but of course I had to finish the last piece after I took the picture and it was as good if not better when it was cooled off. Thanks this is a keeper!