Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great served with crackers, as a veggie dip, or with rounds of french bread. Obtained form the AHA Low-fat, low-cholesterol cookbook.
- 3 1⁄2 cups zucchini, unpeeled, shredded (equiv. to 1 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely snipped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, dry roasted
- Squeeze the zucchini to remove excess water.
- In a food processor or blender, process the zucchini and all other ingredients except the nuts until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
- Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate before serving.
We topped this over saltine crackers and also wheat bread.
Very easy, very delicious, very cheap, and a real crowd-pleaser. So simple that I just handed the recipe to my husband and he made it happen, with very little coaching! No one knew what exactly it was, but everyone who tasted this at our colloquium last week just loved it. I will be making this again.
This was delicious! I didn't have any red wine vinegar, so I used Basalmic instead and it was still really good! I love the fresh tastes of this and will be making the next time I have people over as an appetizer.