Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- In a mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, muffin mix, 1 cup of cheese, eggs, oil, onion, buttermilk, Italian seasoning, and pepper sauce.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2 to 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with almonds and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350° oven for about 35 minutes or until knife comes out clean.