I've been searching the web high and low for healthy baking ideas. Here's one I found from thefoodcoach.com.au and adapted slightly.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil
- 4 tablespoons orange juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg, free range
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- In one bowl combine the flour, baking powder, spices, salt, raisin and walnuts.
- In another bowl mix the oil, orange juice, honey, egg and zucchini. Combine the wet ingredients through the dry until well combined.
- Bake in a lined or oiled loaf tin for 35 - 40 minutes. Turn the loaf out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Wonderfully, delicious loaf! I was looking for a banana spice loaf and happened upon this one and it looked exactly like what I was wanting. I substituted bananas for the zucchini and added dried cranberries along with the raisins. My 3 year old DD had a ball helping add all the dry ingredients and gobbled up her slice of loaf, lickety-split! Thank you for the post; we'll be making this again!
LOVED it! Didn't have orange juice so I used apple juice. Liked it so much I made 3 more for friends! Thanks
Lovely moist loaf, love all the spices and the fact that it is whole wheat flour. I used the juice of a fresh orange, so I added some of the zest too. Sliced nicely too and was a great way to use up some zucchini. Thanks for posting.