Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Easy to make and moist. Great icing. This is from the Cake Mix Doctor.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini, drained well
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Put cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, oil, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Pour batter into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Penuche Frosting.
- Place brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Carefully pour in the milk, stirring, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cool slightly.
- Place the powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Pour the hot brown sugar mixture over the powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until frosting is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Use immediately (while warm) to frost cake or the frosting will harden. If it does harden, simply place the pan back over low heat and stir until the frosting softens up.