Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Martha Stewart - love this bread!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-by-5-by-3 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater (to yield 1 3/4 cups). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Into a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, backing soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, and stir to combine well. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack, then reinvert, top side up. Cool completely before slicing.