Recipe by Chef Kate
By way of Michael Chiarello's Bottega, a fun and healthy way to use all that zucchini or other summer squash. You can cut this like spaghetti or like fettuccine. Mix with fresh tomato sauce and fresh basil; or do a creamy sauce and more veg for a "pasta" primavera..
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Can there be any easier more delicious way to make sauteed zucchini? I don't think so! It's funny how the shape of the slices, makes it better. I used my mandoline to make spahetti like strands and followed the recipe. I only had about two pounds of zucchini, and it filled my big skillet, so this recipe make a lot. I added spahetti sauce to the skillet at the end to heat everything together. I didn't have enough, but it still gave some added flavor. Topped with vegan parmesan, and it's tough to beat this dish for healthy, and easy and yum factors!
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs zucchini, cut into long thin strips (or other summer squash)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet or roasting pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat until the oil shimmers. Add the garlic and cook until light golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for a few minutes without turning. Add salt and cook another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until barely tender.
- A mandolin is great for this.