Recipe by Barb G.
Another good low-carb Recipe. Enjoy. This is a Atkins diet recipe.
Top Review by Nikoma
I liked this a lot. The others not so much, but it's something I'll most likely make again anyway. It's different and easy and doesn't involve tomatoes like most zucchini recipes. (I love tomatoes but mix it up a little!) I didn't puree the zucchini, just sliced it thin and into halves. I also used more then the recipe called for since 1 lb of zucchini cooks down a lot, I used about 1 1/2 lbs = 3 zucchini. I'll definately use hot pepper jack next time around. Thanks Barb!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb zucchini, trimmed and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese (hot pepper jack is good!)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Scrape into a large bowl.
- Melt the remaining butter over medium-high heat in the same frying pan.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring frequently until the moisture has evaporated and the zucchini is tender.
- Transfer to food processor and pulse until smooth.
- (or use hand blender.) Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Add the onions and pulse once.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until slightly golden.