Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A smooth and creamy zucchini soup, served with a dollop of herbed cream. Dish is a Swanson Broth recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (light if preferred)
- 4 teaspoons basil leaves, fresh and chopped
- 4 teaspoons oregano leaves, fresh and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped (large)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 zucchini, thinly sliced (medium)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Stir the sour cream, 1 teaspoons of the basil and 1 teaspoons of the oregano in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat the oil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender. Add the zucchini and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Add the broth, remaining basil and oregano. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Place one-third of the zucchini mixture into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Repeat the process twice more with the remaining zucchini mixture. Return all of the pureed mixture to the saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until hot. Place one tablespoons of the sour cream mixture on top of each bowl of soup.
An appetizing soup that is made by the magnificent herb cream that adorns it. I made as written cutting in half as it was just DH and myself so instead of using the blender to cream I used the emulsifier to cream. Will be making again, thanks for the post.