1 hr 10 mins
Miss Erin's Note:
I found this on the cover of Food and Wine, thought it might be a great dish for our 2nd 'Zaar day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Croutons: In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- 2Stir in the chopped basil, then add the bread cubes and toss to coat.
- 3Season the cubes with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until the bread cubes start to get lightly toasted and crispy, transfer to a plate.
- 5Soup: In a large heavy saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil.
- 6Add the celery, onion, bay leaf and thyme and cook over low heat stirring occasionally until the onion is soft, about 20 minutes.
- 7Increase the heat to medium.
- 8Stir in the zucchini and stock, season with salt and pepper and simmer until the zucchini is soft, about 10 minutes.
- 9Discard the bayleaf.
- 10Puree the soup in batches in the blender until smooth.
- 11Return the soup to the saucepan and heat until warmed through.
- 12Season with salt and pepper.
- 13Ladle soup into bowls, top with croutons and basil leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Soup with Basil
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 226.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g