Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this on the cover of Food and Wine, thought it might be a great dish for our 2nd 'Zaar day.
Make and share this Zucchini Soup with Basil recipe from Food.com.
- Croutons: In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the chopped basil, then add the bread cubes and toss to coat.
- Season the cubes with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until the bread cubes start to get lightly toasted and crispy, transfer to a plate.
- Soup: In a large heavy saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil.
- Add the celery, onion, bay leaf and thyme and cook over low heat stirring occasionally until the onion is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium.
- Stir in the zucchini and stock, season with salt and pepper and simmer until the zucchini is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Discard the bayleaf.
- Puree the soup in batches in the blender until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and heat until warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with croutons and basil leaves and serve.
Lovely, lovely soup Miss Erin. I used the last of my garden's zucchini and basil in this dish and felt it was just about perfect. Good AND healthy too, thank you!