This soup can easily be halved. Variation: substitute 1/2 tsp curry powder for the basil or parsley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart chicken stock (4 cups) or 1 quart chicken broth (4 cups)
- 3 lbs zucchini, trimmed, washed, quartered and sliced (6-7 zucchini, more zucchini if you want thicker soup)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- zucchini, sliced thin (for garnish)
- parmesan cheese, grated (for garnish)
- 1In a large saucepan, combine broth, zucchini, onion, shallot, and herbs.
- 2Simmer, covered, until zucchini is tender (20-30 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from heat and transfer, in batches, to a food processor or blender; purée until well-mixed and smooth (transfer the batches to a large bowl as they're finished).
- 4Stir in the cream and milk, and run through the blender again.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve hot, or cover and chill for 6-8 hours.
- 7Garnish with a slice of zucchini and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Soup (Hot or Cold)
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.3
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 666.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g