Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is scrumptious. My neighbor let me borrow an old Betty Crocker cookbook for her zucchini bread recipe but when I saw this I tried this instead. I wasn't disappointed. This is much better than bread and a great way to use this veggie!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 pepper
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can low sodium corn
- 1 cup milk
- shredded monterey jack cheese and parsley sprig
- Saute onion in butter.
- Add broth, chiles, salt pepper,and zucchini.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add milk and heat through, but do not bring to a boil.
- Put in bowls, top with cheese and parsley.
I used chipotle peppers instead of green chilies because that's what I had at home. It came out great, although I think I'll use only one pepper instead of 2 next time.