Recipe by keen5
This is a creamy, cold soup made with cream cheese and sour cream. This requires overnight chilling, which is not included in the prep/cook time.
- 4 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- dill weed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream, with chives (1/2 pint)
- chopped chives (to garnish) or paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, add zucchini, chicken broth, green onions, salt, pepper and dill weed.
- Cook mixture until soft, approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Blend the cream cheese and sour cream in a blender until smooth.
- Then blend in zucchini mixture, a portion at a time, until smooth.
- Chill overnight or until very cold.
- Garnish with chopped chives or paprika.