Recipe by Bubz McGee
This recipe is a good way to start a meal, since it is a vegetable, is delicious and it is sooo easy to prepare.
Top Review by katia
Excellent soup. I loved it! It was very easy to make! At the second serving I also added one teaspoon of olive oil and it was also very tasty. I had as a lunch with some tomato bruscetta. Wordeful! Thanks foe sharing with us! Made it for Spring 2009 PAC.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter (the best butter ever to me is plugra you can find it at Trader's Joe)
- 4 zucchini (I like the dark green ones, pick small ones, if they are huge use two instead of four)
- 1⁄2 white onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- crouton (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the ends of the zucchini and taste them (to make sure you don't have a bitter zucchini).
- put water and add some salt to boil, like 2-3 cups of water to boil and add chopped pieces of zucchini (2-3 in pieces since you are going to blend them anyway) let it boil for like 4 minute.
- take the zucchini out, put it in the blender (except 2 chunks), add some of its water and blend it well.
- In a medium soup pot, add the butter and melt it, add the onion and fry it quick in the butter.
- Add the zucchini and the water and let it boil, as soon as it boils add some pepper and chicken bouillon, add the milk and let it boil again, turn it off. To serve add little chunks of the zucchini that you did not blend, (cut those pieces in little squares.).
- If you want to make the soup richer, add more milk to water ratio, use whole milk, double the butter used to fry the onion -- you can make this recipe as light or heavy as you want -- (i like it light) ;).