Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great late summer soup when it starts to cool off and you have zucchini coming out your ears. This soup freezes beautifully. You can add chicken for a hearty soup. I got this recipe from The Dining Diva.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 zucchini, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- seasoning salt, to taste
- salt, to taste
- shredded zucchini
- onion, carmelized
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, cook zucchini, carrots, onions in chicken broth about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a blender or food processor in small batches; blend well.
- Add cream cheese a little at a time and continue blending until cream cheese is melted.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve hot or cold. Garnish with shredded zucchini and caramelized onions.
i make almost an identical soup. I omit the cream cheese and put all of it in the food processor. I then can it. When I reheat it in the winter, i add the cream cheese on the stove top. Its the most delicious soup ever. I did find that it is thicker and more like a creamy broccoli soup by decreasing the amount of liquid. Enjoy!
This was delicious! We got the old "boat motor" out and whipped it up easy as you please! You must try this!