Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is a great soup that my entire family loves and one that I frequently get requests for!
- 2 lbs zucchini, unpeeled and coarsely grated
- 1 medium onion, Minced
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Combine Zucchini, onion, garlic and butter in frying pan. Saute slowly while covered for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add water, chicken bouillon cubes, lemon juice and salt. Heat.
- Stir in Chives.
The garden is overflowing with zucchini and I'm up for any recipe that uses alot of zucchini. Very simple with good flavor. I brought it to a boil and then served it. Still tasty as leftovers as well.