Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderfully easy soup. Great in the fall when you are wanting something to warm you up, and have alot of zucchini from your garden that needs to be used.
- 8 -10 cups grated zucchini
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 -3 cups half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- Put all in a pot,except for half and half, and let simmer 40 minutes.
- Let cool, then blend in blender until smooth.
- Add half and half, heat and serve.
This soup is delicious and such a pretty shade of green! The simple ingredients blend well together for a satisfying bowl of soup! I like the blending after its cooked because it distributes the bacon so that you have a bit in every bite! The only change I made was using Land o Lakes fat free half and half to reduce some of the calories and fat which I don't think hurt the overall taste at all. Will definitely make this again. Thank you for sharing Miss Diggy! :)