Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple and creamy soup recipe, with only 3 main ingredients, that I got from the "biggsuperstore2" website. I have found it better to add the zucchini and potatoes together along with the broth and simmer until soft. Makes it easier when blending, too. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 cups potatoes, grated
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk (or 3/4 cup water & 2/3 cup dry skim milk)
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh chives (for garnish)
- In 3 quart casserole, cook butter and onions covered on high 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and herbs. Cover, cook high 6-8 minutes. Stir once.
- Add zucchini. Cover, cook high 4-6 minutes. Stir once.
- Puree in blender. (Note: Remove bay leaf first!).
- Return to casserole with broth. Cover and cook on high 6-8 minutes. Stir once or until boiling.
- Add milk, salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chives.
- Serve hot or cold. Can add bacon bits or hot dogs.