Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
Found in Donna Hay's magazine, October / November 2012. Would make a good light summer meal or take a slice to work for a healthy lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 slices bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 450 g zucchini, grated
- 20 g feta, crumbled
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 40 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 150 g self-raising flour, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon and cook or 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Place in a bowl with the zucchini, feta, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place the eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 20 cm x 30 cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and smooth.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Cut into slices to serve.