Recipe by Stacey Q
This recipe was made by my mum growing up because it was the only way she could get me to eat zucchini. It is great served hot as a side dish to a main meal or cold with a salad for lunch the next day. A family favourite in our house.
Top Review by Jodie Ann
I made this using zucchini, carrot and some creamed corn (most of my zucchinis had frozen in the fridge so I had to find some alternatives!). I also left out the bacon as I wanted to give it to my 10 month old daughter. She loved it, my husband loved it, and I loved it. Easy and delicious - just the way I like my recipes.
- 375 g zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the ends off the zucchini, leave them unpealed and grate coursley.
- Peel and finely chop onion.
- Remove rind from bacon and chop finely.
- Combine zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese, sifted flour, oil, lightly beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a well greased tin or pie plate and bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes or until brown and set.
- It also works out well to save a little bit of cheese to sprinkle on top before baking.