Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was made by my mum growing up because it was the only way she could get me to eat zucchini. It is great served hot as a side dish to a main meal or cold with a salad for lunch the next day. A family favourite in our house.
- Trim the ends off the zucchini, leave them unpealed and grate coursley.
- Peel and finely chop onion.
- Remove rind from bacon and chop finely.
- Combine zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese, sifted flour, oil, lightly beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a well greased tin or pie plate and bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes or until brown and set.
- It also works out well to save a little bit of cheese to sprinkle on top before baking.
I made this using zucchini, carrot and some creamed corn (most of my zucchinis had frozen in the fridge so I had to find some alternatives!). I also left out the bacon as I wanted to give it to my 10 month old daughter. She loved it, my husband loved it, and I loved it. Easy and delicious - just the way I like my recipes.
this is a great and easy recipe, i also use greated carrot and garlic as well some tuscan spices it turn out a treat, only lasted one day