Recipe by ladypit
We needed something healthy and fast for dinner, and I wanted to use up some odds and ends, and this recipe fits the bill. It is slightly modified from one in "The More With Less Cookbook". Feel free to substitute things you don't have. The original recipe called for canned mushrooms, but I had fresh I wanted to use. Use whatever you have leftover for the meat, or omit it. I used some cooked turkey sausage and a small piece of steak cut into tiny pieces. I served it over noodles though rice would be good. And parmesean cheese could be added if you so desired.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This was good and hearty, but I think it would have been better with more meat in relationship to the amount of tomatoes. I used leftover steak as the meat and served this over baked potatoes for a quick dinner.
- 4 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 (30 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 cup chopped cooked meat
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini, the onions, and the mushrooms.
- Spray with a little extra spray, if desired.
- Let cook until the zucchini is starting to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and juice, the Italian seasoning, and the meat.
- Let it simmer until hot and the flavors are melded, betweeen 5-10 minutes.