Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty, quick and easy side dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 zucchini, unpared,cut in ½ inch diagonal slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in eighths
- crouton (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese
- In hot butter in skillet, sauté onion until tender.
- Add zucchini thru basil; mix well.
- Add ¼ c water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes (add more water if necessary).
- Add tomatoes and cook without cover 5 minutes more.
- Stir in croutons (if desired).
- Shake parmesan on servings or serve w/ parmesan& let diners shake it on.
Great recipe! This is now a regular of ours. I've never used croutons, but add lots of cheese. Thanks echo!
Excellent flavors from the spices and blend of ingredients. I used 6 small zucchini's and summer squash mix. By adding the 1/4 c. of water in with the veggies, I had about 1/2 c. of liquid in with my veggies at serving time. ( Must have been from the zucchini). DIdn't hurt the flavors though. My son enjoyed 2 helpings and OK, I admit it, so did I :) We will have this again soon, while the zucchini is still good! Thanks for sharing this with us Echo!
Totally awesome! Put left overs over pasta and it was absolutely great.