Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple, healthy and veggie-packed dish is especially nice at breakfast with toast with a different texture to that of normal scrambled eggs. The servings are as a side dish.
- Chop zucchini in half (so that it's semi-circle-shaped)and then slice thinly.
- Put onion in a small pan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cover for 10-15 minutes - until cooked.
- While the onions are cooking, steam zucchini. (If you prefer, you can saute them).
- Beat eggs and season with salt,pepper and mint.
- Drain onion and add it and the zucchini to the eggs. Mix well.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or use a tsp olive oil) over high heat. Pour the mixture into the pan and cook through in the same way you would scramble eggs - 'scrape' cooked eggs off the bottom and let uncooked liquid fall udnerneath.
- Enjoy !
This was great! I spiced it up a bit by adding about a half a cup of fresh cut mushrooms, and cooked them up along with the zucchini and onions. I also would add some cumin - it really adds a great kick!