Recipe by mandagirl
This recipe comes from my mother-in-law. It's a nice way to use up some of the garden zucchini in summertime. I make it without the peppers, because I prefer it that way.
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 onions, cut up
- 2 green peppers, cut up
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 pinch italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the peppers and onions in 1 tablespoon of the butter. When soft, remove from pan and put aside.
- Cook the ground beef. Drain any grease and set aside.
- Cook zucchini in the remaining tablespoon of butter for about 8 minutes, stirring as it cooks.
- Add all ingredients together in pan with zucchini and stir until heated through.
- Serve on bulky or torpedo rolls.