Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These yummy zucchini fritters are easy to make. The recipe is courtesy food everyday.
- 1 lb zucchini, coarsely grated (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- sour cream, for serving
- Place zucchini in a colander set in sink, and toss with the 1 teaspoon coarse salt; let drain 10 minutes; press out as much liquid as possible.
- Whisk egg in large bowl; mix in zucchini, scallions, flour and the pepper until combined.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook fritters in batches; drop mounds of batter (2 tablespoons each) into skillet; flatten slightly, cook, turning once, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate; sprinkle with salt to taste; repeat with remaining batter, serve immediatly, with sour cream.
These turned out good. I think I'll add some hot sauce next time as it seemed like it needed an extra kick of something.
These were fantastic! My husband made them and added a few other spices, but they were so easy and delicious. We'll certainly make these over and over again. We topped them with a raita type dressing--plain yogurt, sour cream, garlic, cilantro, and a bit of green chili chutney mixed together. It had a spicy but cooling effect. Thanks, Barb!
This recipe is so good!!! I've made it twice in the last week and am waiting for more zucchini to grow so I can make it again! It didn't take the whole 40 minutes to make-and it's super easy. I love this recipe. Thanks Barb!