Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
From WW website Everyday gourmets Makes 6 servings POINTS® value 1, per ½-cup serving:
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 large zucchini, unpeeled, shredded with large hole grater
- 4 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, finely grated
- Place the almonds in a dry skillet (regular or nonstick) over medium-low heat; toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and aromatic, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Hold the skillet away from the stove and spray it with nonstick spray. Return the skillet to the heat and add the shallots. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon zest, salt and pepper; cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring constantly, just until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the toasted almonds and grated cheese, and serve at once.
Yum! I didn't shred the zucchini, just sliced them super thin. It was super quick and easy. Loved it!
Besides being super easy & healthy, this recipe was super tasty! Made just as directed & the flavor was fabulous. The lemon zest really popped. The crunch of the almonds was a nice compliment to the shredded zucchini. DH wasn't crazy about it but DS & I ate it & enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing, Huskergirl! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game.