Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious way to serve the garden zucchini with fresh herbs. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (January, 1983)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 zucchini, trimmed and cut into thin strips (1-2"long x 1/4"wide)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (parsley, basil and tarragon)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet ovr high heat.
- Add zucchini to skillet and stir-fry until crisp-tender and bright green (5 minutes).
- Season zucchin with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, if desired.
Very good, Made this just like the recipe said except added a little garlic powder. We devoured the whole thing. Thank you Ellie for posting the recipe.
Dear daughter made this tonight. YUM. She used a large zucchini. Also, she added a small can of drained mushroom slices and some chunked onion. She also used some fresh basil. Then it was all tossed with some fresh thin spaghetti. Really tasty.
It was good but it was missing something. I used tarragon, parsley, and fennel fronds as the mixed herbs. I also added some sliced fresh mushrooms. I think next time I'll try doubling the herbs and perhaps a little cream at the end. Hmmm, sounds good, doesn't it!? I am always grateful for zucchini recipes, since in a month or two we'll have more than our share. Thanks ellie!