Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a good italian tasting,easy to make soup. My aunt gave me this recipe last summer,her neighbors kept giving her zucchini and this is one of the things she made for us! Try topping this with parmesian cheese and croutons.
- 1⁄2 lb sweet sausage (Ground or link)
- 1⁄2 lb hot sausage (Ground or link)
- 1 -2 zucchini, grated or chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 -4 chopped green peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (16 ounce) canchopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 -3 cans tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Sausage should be cut in to bite size pieces.
- Fry until almost done.
- 15- 20 minutes.
- Add green peppers and zucchini saute 3-4 minutes,add onion,saute 2 minutes,add garlic,saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add enough water to cover.
- Add tomatoes ad tomatoe soup.
- Blend in spices.
- Simmer 40-50 minutes.