Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from taste of home. My family absolutely loves it! The sausage adds great flavor! Enjoy!
Make and share this Zucchini Sausage Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated plus
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, basil, oregano and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another large skillet, cook zucchini in butter until tender.
- In bowl, combine egg, ricotta, cheese and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups meat sauce in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Layer with three noodles, half of the zucchini, half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 2 cups meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan, then bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with remaining meat sauce or save for another use.
i love making this! Its so good and semi-healthy! Great recipe!
I had so many zucchini from the garden I made one to eat and one to freeze. We all loved it ate the 2nd one right away. My husband can't wait to have it again.