Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
By Robynn Sequin, Wilton, New York. The only change I made is switched to mozerella from cheddar cheese.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (coin sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 cups cubed and diced zucchini
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In large skillet, cook sausage with the flour.
- Layer in 11 x 17 in baking dish.
- Cook the zucchini and onion in skillet in butter until tender.
- Layer half the zucchini over sausage.
- Combine cottage cheese and grated cheese, garlic salt and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Layer over zucchini in baking dish and cover again with remaining half of zucchini.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes until cheese is melted on top.
I wanted to use up some cottage cheese and various ends of other cheese in the fridge, and this recipe worked very well - quick and tasty. Cheers.
This was great and the whole family loved it too!! Don't pass this recipe. I did not have Italian sausage links to be 'coin sliced' so this is what I did. I had ground pork in the refrig so I mixed up Bec's Italian Sausage recipe. I made enough to add 1 1/2 pounds of Italian sausage to this recipe. I'm really glad I used bulk Italian sausage and that I added 1/2 pound more to this recipe. In doing so it gave loads of meat to each bite. LisaAD, thank you so much for a fantastic recipe. I'll be using the zucchini from our garden this year in yet another great zucchini recipe.