1/2 Photos of Zucchini, Sausage, and Feta Casserole
Trying to use up that late summer crop of zucchini? This is a hit for patio get-togethers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked ziti pasta
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups thinly sliced zucchini (1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 3Remove casings from sausage. Heat oil in larege skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan, stirring to crumble; cooked until browned. Remove sausage from pan, reserving small amount of fat in bottom of skillet. Drain sausage on paper towel. Add zucchini, onion, garlic, and salt and pepper. Saute 8-10 minutes until vegetables are tender and zucchini is beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
- 4Whisk broth and flour together in small bowl. Add broth mixture to skillet, cook 1 minute. Combine zucchini mixture, pasta, sausage,and feta cheese in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon into a buttered 11x7" baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with mozarella cheese.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini, Sausage, and Feta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.9
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 951.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g