Recipe by Dienia B.
For Zaar Tour 6; a sauce that they use on their meatballs in Oman.
Top Review by Pesto lover
Very good sauce! I used 3 cups tomatoes. I liked the zucchini and the mint in the dish. One more way to use up all those zucchini and tomatoes in the garden. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Family Picks ZWT6.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red chili, crushed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups tomatoes, canned
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon mint, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the pepper, garlic, and red chili pepper in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar.
- Add chopped tomatoes and bay leaves.
- When it starts to boil, cover, turn to low.
- Cut zucchini in small pieces; fry in same pan as cooked kofta; saute for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, parsley, and mint to tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook until zucchini is soft.
- Pour over the kofta.