Recipe by zeldaz51
Simple, fast, and easy, from Joyce Goldstein's "The Mediterranean Kitchen, 1989. No dill? Use mint instead. Pine nuts are good instead of walnuts, too.
- 2 cups diced zucchini (3/4 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium pot of salted water to the boil,add the zucchini, and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Quickly drain and refresh in cold water. Drain well and place in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients, season to taste, and pour over the zucchini, tossing to coat it.