Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a Spanish cookbook I own. We make this quite often and serve it as a side dish or tapas on bread.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 500 g small zucchini, sliced 1 cm thick
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil, add the halved garlic clove, and cook gently until browned, discard.
- Add the zucchini to the pan, and cook until a little browned and just tender.
- Turn the zucchini and oil into a bowl, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Allow to cool completely, then cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the fridge about 15 minutes before serving.
- *4drained and chopped anchovies can be added in step 2 for a more robust flavour.
I love zucchini and this salad is a great way to enjoy it. We had the good fortune to have Jan make it for us when she and her husband, Russell, visited us on their way to Queensland. We were having such a good time chatting that we forgot to add the optional anchovies. I won't let that happen again. Thanks so much for posting this recipe and more thanks for making it.
This is a hard one for me to review.
I started making this recipe and when I got to removing the zucchini from the pan, I started picking at it and decided what the heck, and ate half of it before it even got to a salad!
I did have about half the mix left which I did make into a salad, and really loved the salad.
I think you have to be a zucchini lover to appreciate this one, DH is not and he tried it, but did not like it, whereas DD and myself loved the salad.
I did like the lemon with the zucchini, it added a lovely flavour, and the pine just finished it off.
Thanks Jan, will be making again, but next time I will try to keep my finger's off the zucchini an make a full salad!
I had this salad at a friend's party this weekend and I loved it! I'm glad I found it here. Thank you for sharing it. The only difference that I see - her slices were a bit thinner and longer.