Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in Prevention Magazine. It's easy and tastes great! Serve with a salad and you've got a light summer meal.
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat rotini (or other pasta)
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup canned diced tomato (DRAINED)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rotini per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small baking dish, combine cottage cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Stir in rotini, zucchini, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes to warm through or broil 5 minutes until bubbly (I baked mine for about 20 minutes on 350°F).
- Note: I used a can of tomatoes with sweet onions.
When I read this, it didn't look like enough for two servings to me, so I made it with the following measurements: 1 full zucchini sheddred (which was somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 cup), 1/2 cup whole wheat egg noodiles, 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, 1 full can diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzerella cheese. I mixed it all up and put it under the broiler for 5 minutes until the cheese got brown, but the rest of the dish didn't get warm enough so I ended up putting it in the microwave too. Next time I will bake it for about 15 minutes, then top with cheese and put it under the broiler. I got two large servings, or 3 smaller servings when I made it this way. After making these changes, it's a 5-star recipe in my book - I will definitely be making it this way again!