Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
the shredded zucchini retains its green color and adds moisture...Pecorino Romano is a sharp, tangy cheese made from sheep's milk. Add more black pepper if you like a lot of spice..
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, Pecorino fresh grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sieved
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup zucchini, tightly packed, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Lightly butter, or spray with non stick spray or line with paper liners.12 muffin cups.set aside.
- Combine flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder,baking soda, pepper and salt in a large bowl, stir till blended.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the milk, zucchini, oil and eggs.Add to the dry ingredients all at once and fold together just until evenly moistened. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle each muffin with a little cheese, if desired.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.22-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing frompan.