1/2 Photos of Zucchini & Ricotta Shells
Creamy pasta shells with zucchini, ricotta cheese, and a hint of lemon, from May 2010 Canadian Living's Mother's Day special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2In a large bowl, toss together pasta, ricotta, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and half of the reserved cooking liquid.
- 3Meanwhile, quarter each zucchini lengthwise. With knife, cut away core; cut on bias into slices.
- 4In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute zucchini until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to pasta, along with mint, green onion, lemon juice, and enough cooking liquid for desired creaminess, tossing to coat.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini & Ricotta Shells
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 40.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 16.9 g