1/4 Photos of Zucchini Rice Pie
I found this recipe years ago. Anyone who grows zucchin will know -- you are always looking for something different !!! If you like zucchini slice, heres another for you to try!! A great side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 30 g butter or 30 g margarine
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- cherry tomatoes, halves (optional)
- parsley sprig (optional)
- 1In saucepan saute onion, mushrooms,.
- 2zucchini, basil and oregano in the butter or magarine on medium heat, until tender (not brown.).
- 3Stir in the rice, eggs, milk, and half the cheese (N.B. Half cheese). Turn mixture into a well buttered 23cm pie plate and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4Bake uncovered at 180dg until set, approx 25 to 35 minutes.
- 5Let stand for 1o minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomatoes and parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Rice Pie
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.4 mg
- Sodium 190.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.0 g