Recipe by Poker
Found this in a magazine! Made it with the garlic excellent! Also instead of boiling the ribbons, I fried them in butter until tender. Wow! That was excellent also! Very easy either way.
Top Review by Just Call Me Martha
Wow! This was so easy and so yummy! I too skipped the boiling. I added about 1/4 of a red pepper, sliced thinly, and a small clove of garlic to the zucchini as it was sauteed in the butter. I also used freshly grated parmesean and good quality olive oil as I think it really makes a difference. The result was tasty and oh, so beautiful to look at. This is a perfect side-dish to add colour to your meal. I would suggest snipping the fresh basil right into the pan. I sliced mine a bit ahead and the edges had already started to turn colour which affects the presentation of an otherwise beautiful dish.
- 4 medium zucchini (1 1/2lbs)
- 14.79 ml butter, cut into small pieces
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring pot of water to boil.
- Mean-while, with vegetable peeler-slice zucchini lengthwise into ribbons. Add zucchini to boiling water; cook until tender, 30-60 seconds.
- Drain and transfer zucchini to serving bowl.
- Add butter, oil, parmesan, basil, and red pepper flakes; gently toss until butter is melted and zucchini are coated.
- I also added 1/2 tsp of garlic powder to this!