Recipe by Nana Lee
Just signed up for the Kraft Foods site and found this recipe. Thought it would be good to post now in anticipation of the gardening abundance which will be ready very soon!
- 10 cups diced zucchini
- 4 cups diced carrots
- 4 cups peeled diced onions
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 sweet green peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix zucchini, carrots, onion, and salt and let stand overnight. Then rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Combine ingredients in large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil 15 min before ladling into hot sterile jars, leaving 1/2 inch headroom.
- Seal and put in water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove, tighten lids, invert jars on towel, and let cool.
- When cool check to make sure seals are good and remove rings.
- Store in cool, dry place.