Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
My DD got this from a lady in Illinois- the best relish made with zucchini I ever tasted. Cheap to prepare.
- 11 cups zucchini
- 4 cups onions
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup canning salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- Grind coarsely the zucchini, onions, and the peppers; mix with the canning salt.
- Let stand overnight.
- Drain and rinse in cold water, drain and rinse again, and drain again.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg, the flour, celery seeds, and black pepper, sugar, vinegar.
- Boil 20-30 minutes.
- Put in sterilized jars and seal.
Yummy stuff, nice change from pickle relish its still sweet but has a nice taste!
Great recipe! Made it the other night and love it! Recipe was easy to follow. Definitely a keeper!!
Hi! I'm from Illinois and this is my favorite zucchini relish recipe. Mine doesn't have the flour, but the rest of the ingredients are the same. It is easy and tastes great. I process mine in a boiling water bath, pints for 25 minutes.