Recipe by Theresa P
This is delicious hot or cold! I love it either way! Nice and creamy with great mild flavor from the garlic. Is great taken for lunch the next day and eaten cold or at room temp.
Top Review by Geema
This quiche was creamy and perfectly textured. I used fresh chopped spinach instead of the zuchinni, wilting it in the saute pan after the onions and garlic. I didn't have any heavy cream, so I used two cups of half and half, which worked just fine. This is a wonderful, versatile recipe.
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 beaten eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 inch) pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté zucchini, onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Season with salt.
- Cover bottom of pie crust with this mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375° for 30-35 minutes until custard is set.
- Serve hot or cold.
- I have had this hot and cold and is good either way!