Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very nice lunch or brunch quiche. I like to add 2 chopped jalapeno peppers.
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced and drained on paper towel
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pie shell
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (you may use low fat)
- Heat oven to 375f.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and saute the zucchine, onions and garlic.
- Season with salt.
- Put into unbaked pie shell.
- Combine remaining ingredient and pour into shell over the veggies.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until set.
This is a delicate and very yummy flavored quiche. The zucchini and onions go well together. I like the use of the mild flavored mozzarella. I just added a small measure of salt and pepper. Made this for our evening meal and served with salad and white wine. Wonderful. Thanks Bergy.
This is a creamy and mild tasting quiche. I really liked it, because you could actually taste the zucchini and onions. I used a mild muenster cheese instead of the mild mozzarella cheese (that's what I had on hand), and it was very good. I also used the Land O Lakes Fat Free Cream in place of the heavy cream, and it worked well in this recipe. Thanks Bergy...it was terrific. It is a keeper.
This is the exact recipe I found in an old Home Cooking magazine. I made it for lunch today and it was wonderful. The only this I did different was that I put my mozzarella cheese on after I poured the egg misture in and I also topped it with Parmesan cheese. The only problem I had with it was that I used a deep dish pie shell and it ran over quite a bit. I guess I should have used an extra large pie shell.