Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Freeze your home grown shredded zucchini so when your pumpkin is ready in the fall in can make this delish cake.
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml salad oil
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml grated zucchini
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml ginger
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 3.69 ml fresh ground nutmeg
- 236.59 ml pine nuts
- 236.59 ml raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 85.04 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 226.79 g powdered sugar
- sour cream, if needed
For sides of cake
- 236.59-473.18 ml toasted pine nuts
- Grease and flour 2 9 inch cake pans or 10x13 pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs to blend, add oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Continue beating until thick and foamy.
- Stir in zucchini and pumpkin.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry mixture gently into zucchini mixture just until blended.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with cream cheese frosting.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:.
- Put Frosting ingredients in food processor and mix till creamy add sour cream to make it creamier if necessary.
- Press pine nuts into sides of cake.
- Eat Away!
wow.. this cake is really good... I did everything as stated except I didnt use the pine nuts... dont really like nutty cakes.. :-) and I left 1/2 the cake without icing.. as I liked the flavor of it even w/out icing! I had to borrow a pan to make this lol... hope I dont forget to return it! :-X Thanks for the wonderful recipe.. this one has so many of my favorite ingredients in it! So many good recipes Rita! ;-) Keep em' comin!!