Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Donna Hay Magazine.
Top Review by MarraMamba
These were terrific. The one thing i found after so little oil in my diet lately was that the aioli had a strong flavor so i added some low fat yogurt to it - just my preference since im not used to it any longer. Make sure you use self rising flour it puffs them nicely. My pic doesnt show it bc my neighbor came to ask me to help her get a trailer up my hill and when i got back they had flattened.
For the puffs
- 3 large zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- sea salt and black pepper
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
For the lemon aioli
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- TO MAKE THE LEMON AIOLI.
- Place egg yolks, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined.
- Gradually pour in the oil while the motor is still running and process until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- TO MAKE THE PUFFS.
- Place the zucchini, mint, eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Heat 1cm of oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Add about 2 tablespoonfuls of the mixture and shallow-fry in batches for 1-2 minutes each side or until puffed up and golden.
- Serve with lemon aioli.