Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Old Parish Church, Sheffield MA, via my grandmother. This is good with some crumbled feta added.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- Grate zucchini and onion.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients, add to zucchini mixture.
- Heat oil for shallow-frying in large frying pan.
- Drop in batter by large spoonfuls, fry until brown.
These were really good! I made half a batch and ate them for my lunch. Thanks!
I really enjoyed this recipe! It is nice to have another way to cook zucchini other than grilling or sauteing it. I used red onion for a little extra flavor and also doubled the garlic. I think it needs just a touch more salt but that can be added on top. I also used olive oil with a touch of vegetable for extra flavor as well. I will keep this in my cookbook!