Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from the Junior League of Boston, Massachusetts. Simple and impressive.
- 3 large zucchini (or yellow squash) or 6 small zucchini, peeled and diced (or yellow squash)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place squash in saucepan with butter, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat until squash is tender.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and flour. Add squash to egg mixture. Blend well and pour into a buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.